So, what is this Response Rate?
As a host, your response rate is determined by how quickly you respond to:
- Messages you receive
- Booking requests
If you respond quickly to messages and booking requests, your rating will probably be good or even excellent. But, here's the thing: if you don't reply to messages or ignore booking requests your rating will drop and guests will be less likely to book your Rental.
When you first join you spend a short amount of time as a newbie. If you get involved, keep your room up to date and make sure you reply to any requests then your rating will go up.
Why is this Important?
We found that too many messages and a number of booking requests have ignored. This can be frustrating and inconvenient for everyone involved, who often have to delay travel plans while they wait patiently for a reply. Sometimes potential Travelers are put off coming back altogether, which means that even our most active hosts are missing out. We feel disappointed when this happens, after all our goal is to offer a quick, clear and easy service to everybody.
How can I increase my Response Rate?
It's really very simple:
- Try to avoid ignoring a single booking request It takes 2 seconds to accept or decline booking requests via your booking area. Remember - you can't decline a booking by just sending a message to the guest; you need to click the decline button or it will not be entered on the system.
- Always respond to messages. This only applies to the first message you receive from a guest, and not subsequent messages - we realise that all conversations must end somewhere!
- Switch off your room when you're going away. Everyone needs some time to themselves, switch off the phone and forget the rest of the world. But before you do this simply switch your room's availability switch from On to Off - this ensures you won't be have any booking requests to deal with!
- Update your availability. The more accurate your availability calendar, the less likely you are to receive a message or request at an inconvenient time. Don't want any guests for the weekends? Block out the weekends.
- Think we've messed up your Response Rate? Please get in touch and we'll have a look for you. Even if we can't alter your rating we will be able to explain what you could have been doing differently and give you some advice on improving your rating in the future.